A diligent and experienced attorney delivering bespoke solutions
Jan Zillies, German and European patent attorney, is a partner in HOFFMANN EITLE’s chemistry practice group. He specializes in examination, opposition and appeal proceedings before the European Patent Office and the German Patent Office as well as in nullity and infringement proceedings before the German courts for both large and medium-sized German and international clients. His particular expertise in the field of pharmaceuticals makes him a much sought-after attorney by many renowned international pharma companies.
After obtaining his doctorate with a thesis in the field of pharmaceutical formulation development concerning nanoparticulate drug delivery systems and the implementation of asymmetrical flow field-flow fractionation (AF4) in the field of colloidal drug carrier systems, at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich and the University of Colorado Denver, USA, he joined HOFFMANN EITLE in 2007.
When not at work, Jan enjoys meeting with family and friends, cycling and hiking in the Bavarian alps.
- Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg – Pharmaceutics – State Examination
- Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich and the University of Colorado Denver, USA – Pharmaceutics – Dr. rer. nat.
- German Patent Attorney (2011)
- European Patent Attorney (2010)
- German Patent Attorney Bar Association
- International Association for Pharmaceutical Technology (APV)