Attorney-at-law and Certified Specialist IP Lawyer Langues DE | EN | FR Équipe Marques, dessins et modèles E-mail chiffré à Michaela RingPlus d’informations
T +49 89 92 40 90
Making a Difference
Michaela Ring, Attorney-at-Law and Certified IP Specialist Lawyer is a partner at HOFFMANN EITLE’s Trademark & Design practice group.
With over 19 years of experience, Michaela’s practice focuses on German, European and International trademark law, design right law and unfair competition law, both prosecution and litigation, including the defence and enforcement of IP rights in and out of court, the development of filing strategies for IP rights, and trademark and design portfolio management.
Michaela is a passionate IP lawyer who is able to connect well with clients due to her sensitive perception of others, authenticity and good intuition. A legal monthly magazine wrote that "Michaela Ring focuses strongly on pushing cases to the limit. She has excellent analytical skills, detects errors in opponents´ arguments, and presents her reasoning very clearly. She is always in control of her case, even when it enters stormy waters” (The Legal 500).
Before joining HOFFMANN EITLE in 2009, Michaela worked in the field of Soft IP in two international full-service law firms in Cologne and Düsseldorf. She is co-author of the Article-by-Article Commentary, Hasselblatt, European Union Trade Mark Regulation.
In her spare time, Michaela enjoys yoga, swimming, playing the piano as well as taking in the beautiful nature surrounding the Garda Lake in Italy.
- University of Marburg: Study of Law
- First Juridical State Examination 1996
- Legal Traineeship in Berlin
- Second Juridical State Examination 2001
- German Attorney-at-Law since 2002
- German attorney-at-law
- Certified Specialist IP Lawyer
- Managing IP's Top 250 Woman in IP (2023)
- IP Trade mark Star Germany, Managing Intellectual Property (2018 & 2019 & 2020 & 2022)
- Trade mark Litigation, Filing & Prosecution, Office Proceedings, Strategy & Counseling, Designs
- The Legal 500
"Michaela Ring is always very knowledgeable and efficient. I highly recommend her."
"Michaela Ring focuses strongly on pushing cases to the limit. She has excellent analytical skills, detects errors in opponent‘s arguments, and presents her reasoning very clearly. She is always in control of her case, even when it enters stormy waters."
"Michaela Ring has long been dedicated to European trademark practice. Her thorough work helps to understand the practice and her wise advice helps to rethink IP strategies."
“With a broad range of IP expertise and experience, the firm has successfully established itself as a renowned IP law firm in Europe. This is evidenced by the high reputation and recognition of its clients. In addition, the organized structure within the firm helps to strengthen its teamwork.”
- WTR1000 (2022) states "Michaela Ring is a savvy developer of filing strategies and a robust litigator whose recent credits include managing the portfolio of self-adhesive product producer Orafol; she has also coordinated infringement proceedings on its behalf in China."